New Numarine 22XP: Mini Explorer Yacht
Turkish builder Numarine has expanded its XP fleet of explorer yachts, with the launch of the first 22XP ‘mini explorer’ yacht in Istanbul. The 22XP becomes the entry-level boat in the XP Series.
The company partnered with longtime collaborator Can Yalman for exterior and interior design, while Umberto Tagliavini penned the naval architecture. The new yacht has large angular windows like the larger 26XP model, large social areas and a spacious flybridge.
The new yacht has almost all the same features as the 26XP but inside a 72’ (22-meter) hull, and Numarine says the 22XP’s interior is among the most voluminous for in class.
The 22XP can have three or four cabins, including a full-beam master suite. All of them are on the lower deck with hullside windows providing natural light. There’s also an expansive main deck, plus an open cockpit and a large flying bridge.
“The 22XP has been a success from the very first design stages,” said Ömer Malaz, Numarine chairman “Five units had already been sold even before launching the first one. Having the bigger sister boat’s DNA and success, we will see many 22XP in the Mediterranean sea in the upcoming seasons.”
The official debut of the new Numarine 22XP will be at 2022 Cannes Yachting Festival in September.
Technical specifications: Numarine 22XP
- Length Overall: 74’2” (22.60 m)
- Beam: 21’8” (6.60 m)
- Draft: 6’ (1.84 m)
- Displacement full load: 59.65 tons
- Fuel Capacity: 1,585 gals. (6,000 L)
- Fresh Water Capacity: 290.6 gals. (1,100 L)
- Black Water Capacity: 198.13 gals. (750 L)
- Cabins: 3/4 + 1
- Accommodation: 6/8 guests + 2 crew
- International Gross Tonnage: Under 150 GT
- Engines (displacement hull): Twin Cummins 425 HP
- Optional Engines (semi-displacement hull): Twin MAN V8 1200 HP
- Max Speed: 12.5 knots ( 24 knots for optional semi-displacement engine)
- Cruising Speed: 9 Knots ( 20 knots for optional semi-displacement engine)
- Economic Speed: 8 knots (displacement hull)
- Cruising range: 1500 nm @ 8 knots