Acceleration Times & Conditions
|Time to Plane||2.2 seconds|
|0 to 30||8 seconds (0 to 40)|
|Props||14 x 23|
|Load||2 persons; 75% fuel; 50 lbs. gear|
|Climate||73 deg.; 10 humid.; winds: 2-8; seas: 1|
1 x 200-hp Mercury Pro XS
The Nitro Z19 is a pro-level fishing platform outfitted for tournaments with rod and tackle storage, plus the electronics to get on the fish and the speed to get them back to the dock for weigh-in.
- Nitro Vortex Technology (NVT) hull with Rapid Planing System (RPS) and new improved hull performance.
- New 10” (25.4 cm) manually adjustable jack plate.
- New integrated step to aft deck with lockable storage and removable tub.
- Minn Kota Maxxum 24V 70-lb. (31.75 kg) thrust, 42” (106.68 cm) shaft, foot-controlled trolling motor.
- 100% composite deck core with superior thermal stability and strength-to-weight ratio.
- Z-Core seating system with Force Flex suspension and contoured, remolded frame for driver and passenger seat.
- Veethree Multifunction instrumentation and waterproof touch digital keypad.
- Two aft 19-gallon (71.92 L) insulated Guardian livewells with digital timers.
Performance and Handling
With Nitro’s new NVT (Nitro Vortex Technology) and her 200-hp Mercury Pro XS engine, the Z19 hopped onto plane in an average of 2.2 seconds and passed 40 mph in 8 seconds. She is on the lighter end of bass boats, which should help anglers get into shallower areas. We saw a little chine walk at top speeds but other than that, the Z19 handled as beautifully as we would expect from a Nitro boat.
The 200-hp Mercury Pro XS is the only choice offered for this boat.
Nitro Z19: Design
From what we felt, this new NVT hull helped deliver the Z19’s fast hole shot, top-end speed and lift. The science says parabolic shapes are stronger than flat or angled surfaces, providing reduced resistance and truer tracking at higher speeds.
Nitro Z19: Boat Inspection
Let’s check out what will probably be the most used area of the boat, the bow casting deck. Anglers will be able to feel the comfort of the bow the minute they step on, due to Nitro adding extra anti-fatigue matting under the carpet on the casting deck. The Z19 comes standard with a Minn Kota Maxxum 24V, 70-lb. (31.75 kg) thrust trolling motor with a recessed foot pedal and a Humminbird 9 graph. There is also plenty of storage, so anglers can bring everything they need for a tournament, plus a lot more.
Bow Electronics. Our test boat had a Humminbird 9 bracket mounted display and up to 20 different models are available from Lowrance, Humminbird or Garmin, from 5” to 12” (12.7 cm to 30.48 cm), and either bracket or flush-mounted. The standard trolling motor is the Minn Kota Maxxum 24V, 70-lb. (31.75 kg) thrust with a 42” (106.68 cm) shaft.
One major advantage of a large bow casting deck is having usable space beneath it to stow all of the gear that makes any day on the water a success. Rod lockers to port and starboard stow 8’ (2.44 m) rods. A compartment on the centerline has a divider system designed to keep Plano 3700 tackle trays organized so anglers can lay hands on what they’re looking for in a hurry. All of these lockers have molded-in drainage channels surrounding the perimeter, and reinforced lids are held open with gas-assist struts.
The cockpit of the Nitro Z19 has plenty of space and copious amounts of storage. This provides anglers with the comfort they need to spend a long day on the water and the space to bring enough with them to last that whole day.
A dedicated stowage spot for a landing net is located behind the passenger seat with a recessed section where the head will fit vertically, while the long handle will stow athwartships along the leading edge of the aft casting deck, abaft the driver’s seat. Because it is recessed to accept the diameter of the handle, a trip hazard is eliminated. A strap will hold the handle in place.
The helm and passenger Z-Core seats are designed in collaboration with champion bass fisherman Kevin VanDam. The seats include Force Flex suspension and a contoured, rotomolded frame. The center seat is optional and sits on a storage hatch.
Sealed touchpad switches are not new but they aren't common on a small boat. The waterproof, capacitive touch digital keypad is another example of how Nitro deploys technology, and that distinguishes them from the competition.
Options To Consider
- Dual trim lever on steering wheel (Must order hydraulic jake plate) – $145
- Cockpit traction pad (Replaces Carpet) – $230
- Tackle Management System with Center Box Divider – $95
- Ventilation fan in bow storage – $155
- SmartCraft Guages – $800
- 10” (25.4 cm) T-H Marine Atlas hydraulic jack plate – $1,200
- 10” (25.4 cm) Bob’s Action hydraulic jack plate – $1,150
- 2 Power-Pole Blade 8’ (2.44 m) shallow water anchors (Black) – $4,140
- Removable port console and hardware – $1,275
Nitro Z19: Price
The Z19 excels where larger heavier boats can’t, such as getting into shallower waters and loitering long enough to get those last casts in before blasting off to the weigh-in. With the Z19’s NVT hull providing the needed performance and standard amenities that are tournament ready, she will be sure to make any angler happy.