Regal stepped it up by adding three ballast tanks, Volvo Penta Forward Drive and the Volvo Penta Water Sport Control and made a luxury sport boat that has an adjustable wake for practically any water sport. Whether the crew wants to cruise to a waterfront restaurant for lunch, hang out at the sand bar gathering or wake surf, the Regal LS6 Surf has it in hand.
- Flexible seating
- 380-horsepower Volvo Penta V-8
- Volvo Penta Forward Drive with Water Sport Control
- Three adjustable ballast tanks
- Low swim platform
- Water sport tower that folds into the cockpit
- Enclosed head with Dometic pump-out head
Acceleration Times & Conditions
|Time to Plane||3.9 sec.|
|0 to 30||9.8 sec.|
|Load||2 persons, full fuel, no water, 50 lbs. of gear|
|Climate||68 deg., 45 humid; wind: 0 mph; seas: 0|
1 x 380-hp Volvo Penta Forward Drive evc
Watch Our Video
By Capt. Mark Kellum
The Regal LS6 Surf was designed and built to provide owners with a thrilling ride while experiencing comfort and safety in a sumptuous environment. In turn, Regal added the systems and controls to make the LS6 Surf a highly capable, wake-shaping, water sport platform, including wake surf, wake-boarding and tubing.
- Volvo Penta Forward Drive. Featuring counter-rotating dual props facing forward for efficiency and safety.
- Volvo Penta Water Sport Control. Integrated in the dual 7” Garmin multi-function display. No analog gauges.
- Volvo Penta 380-Horsepower V-8.
- Efficient Hull. Regal has incorporated a stepped hull with lifting strakes, hard, reverse chines and a 22-degree deadrise at the transom for efficiency and performance.
- Spacious Head. The Regal LS6 Surf has a larger head than expected on a sport boat in this class.
- Power Tow Sport Arch. The Regal “Power Tower” folds down for low clearance, towing and storage.
- Flexible Seating. The helm and companion seats are both double wide and feature flip-flop backrests to create aft-facing lounge seats. The aft bench seats in the cockpit have flip-flop backrests to facilitate aft facing transom lounge seating. The aft lounge seating has a flip-up backrest for aft-facing transom seats.
- Premium Upholstery. Regal incorporates premium multi-tone vinyl upholstery with detailed accent stitching, which they produce in-house.
The Regal FasTrac hull, combined with the 380-horsepower Volvo Penta V-8 and forward drive, the Regal RX Surf performs like a first-rate sportboat. Regal added the Volvo Penta Forward Drive and Water Sport Control along with the Regal ballast system to create a highly-functional wake shaping platform for waterports.
The Regal LS6 Surf has a length overall of 26’4” (9.03 m), and a beam of 8’6” (2.59 m). With an empty weight of 5,330 lbs. (2,422 kg.), full fuel and two people onboard, the Regal LS6 Surf has an estimated weight of 6,188 lbs. (2,817 kg).
Top Speed. With the 380-horsepower Volvo Penta V-8 engine turning a forward drive propulsion unit with dual counter rotating K5 props and running on a stepped hull, the Regal LS6 surf reached a top speed of 52.2 mph (84.0 KPH).
Best Cruise. Best cruise was reached at 4,000 rpm and 30.8 mph (49.5 kph). At that speed, the Regal LS6 Surf had a 11 gph (41.6 lph) fuel burn rate which translated into 2.8 mpg (1.19 kpl) and a range of 184 miles, all while holding back a 10-percent reserve of the Regal LS6 Surf’s 73-gallon (276 L) total fuel capacity.
With the forward drive, which moves the two props well forward, the Regal LS6 Surf responds much quicker to steering than conventional drive sport boats. Some will enjoy the thrill of responsive, hard turns, others may prefer to make turns gentle. It’s best to know the passenger’s predilections before heading out.
Water Sport Control System. The water sport function on the Regal LS6 Surf glass helm displays makes it easy to set up and run the boat for wake surfing, wake-boarding or water-skiing with the touch of a fingertip. Individual profiles for up to three users can be created, pre-stored and loaded. Once set, the system keeps the boat at the desired speed and trims automatically to create and sustain the proper wake for the desired water sport activity.
A distinctive feature of the Regal LS6 Surf is the integrated aft-facing seating and the swim platform in the stern which is a functional part of the boat’s entertainment facilities.
Aft-facing Stern Seating. Most sterndrive sport boat manufacturers do not offer aft-facing seating on the transom due to safety concerns with props abaft. With the Volvo Penta Forward Drive, the props are under the keel eliminating the risk of passengers falling into an engaged prop.
Regal created a very social area in the cockpit with forward facing bench seating aft and 6’ (1.83 m) long by 2.5’ (0.76 m) wide lounge seating on each the port and starboard side with 35” (88.9 cm) separating them for easy egress forward and aft.
Port Companion Console
The port side companion console features a double wide bench and forward-facing companion seating. There is a stainless-steel grab rail that doubles as a handle for opening the console leading to the head compartment.
Starboard Helm Console
The starboard side helm console features two 7” (17.78 cm) Garmin multi-function displays creating a “glass helm” without any analog gauges. Volvo Penta collaborated with Garmin to create the Volvo Penta Water Sport Control and engine monitoring system displays. All the functions can be controlled by the touch screens.
The stainless-steel framed wraparound windshield has a 25” (63.5 cm) opening center section which allows access to the forward cockpit.
The forward cockpit seating has a traditional bowrider layout with forward facing lounge seating on the port and starboard sides. The 7” (17.78 cm) coaming bolsters provide a backrest for inboard facing passengers. An aft facing center seat doubles as a step to the foredeck. The freeboard is 41” (104.1 cm) at the forward cockpit.
The foredeck features SeaDeck non-skin and a flip up navigation light.
The engine compartment is accessed through the aft bench seating. Regal has arranged the compartment so all the day-check and fill port accesses are to the front of the engine within easy reach. When open with the aid of gas-assist struts, the opening is 18” (45.72 cm).
Ballast System. The flexible ballast tanks are removable when not needed and have a 2,000 lb. (907 kg) capacity.
LIFETIME LIMITED STRUCTURAL HULL WARRANTY: Regal offers a Lifetime Limited Structural Hull Warranty with a Five-Year Transferrable Limited Structural Hull Warranty and a Five-Year Limited Hull Blister Warranty. See your local Regal dealer for details.
Options to Consider
- Aft bench seat filler cushion and backrest
- Bow table with filler cushion
- Teak cockpit table
- Stainless-steel flag pole with U.S. flag
- Docking lights
- Through the stem anchor windlass and stainless-steel anchor and all chain rode
- Tower speakers
- Automatic fire extinguisher
- Battery charger with 120-volt inlet
- Trim tabs
- Indicators for trim tabs
- Gas vapor detector
The Regal LS6 Surf has a starting price of $128,435.00.
Regal took their proven stepped FasTrac hull and the luxury features that their sportboats are known for and applied the Volvo Penta Forward Drive propulsion in combination with the Volvo Penta Water Sport Control to create a highly-capable wake-surf and tow sport boat. The result is a sportboat that delivers thrilling performance when cruising in luxury and comfort while providing an excellent platform for a wake-shaping, to deliver the right wake for a variety of watersports, including wake-surfing, wakeboarding, waterskiing, and tubing.