Nobeltec’s TimeZero Pro software has been designed to answer the navigation needs and requirements of professional seafarers. TimeZero software has two main objectives: Supreme control and performance. That’s why it took home the 2021 National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA) Award in the Marine PC Software category.
As the name implies, TimeZero Pro is focused on professionals. It’s marine software for PC computers, so we’re going to look more at the features that experienced cruisers would want rather than commercial uses.
Keeping up-to-date charts is essential to ensure the safety of anyone at sea. TimeZero Pro is compatible with the official encrypted S-63 charts. These are updated weekly and respect the S-52 standard developed by the International Maritime Organization (IMO). The iconography offers a simplified display to improve the on-screen readability of the charts.
For long-range cruisers, route planning is one of the most important functions of TimeZero Pro. Nobeltec’s technology assures the security of a route once it’s created. Using green and red color codes, TimeZero Pro lets a user know if the depth is sufficient for safe passage. An automatic route wizard will provide a captain with information regarding the optimal departure and arrival times, taking into account tides and currents.
A new profile window instantly displays a point-to-point depth profile window. This two-dimensional view will let the captain identify depth variations including structures like rocks and shipwrecks more precisely.
The Fishing Workspace feature is more for professional fishermen and allows for personalization of the screen and lets a captain access what he feels is the most pertinent information first.
Configuring AIS can sometimes be challenging. With its new AIS module, Nobeltec permits complete configuration of all information directly within TimeZero Pro including status, destination and more. Furthermore, it’s now possible to receive and send AIS text messages with TimeZero Pro. This lets a vessel communicate more easily with individual boats equipped with AIS.
The new security cone is a feature that adheres with the official IMO rules. TimeZero Pro takes into account the information of vector charts to detect isolated dangers and shallow areas. If an obstacle is detected inside the cone in front of the host vessel’s trajectory, an anti-grounding alarm will automatically be triggered.
- Free access to the TimeZero Weather Wizard
- Oceanographic Forecasts Help identify the best fishing spots
- TZ Cloud technology safeguards navigation data
- PhotoFusion with a 2D/3D chart engine allows visualization key data on a single screen
- TimeZero offers compatibility with all Furuno DRS antennas
- Identify all AIS-equipped boats and cross-track routes to avoid collision
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- 1.5 GHz Central Processing Unit
- 4GB of RAM
- Minimum video board Intel HD Graphic Chipset
- Recommended dedicated video board w/1 GB VRAM or Intel HD4th generation or above
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600 or higher
- Hard Disk: 30 GB of free space
- USB or Serial port for connecting instruments via NMEA 0183, Actisense USB NGT-1for connecting instruments via NMEA 2000 or 100 Base T Network Adapter for Furuno Ethernet Sensors