The Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20 DLX comes standard with a 40-hp 4-stroke that will provide slow, calm trips across the lake, and then the amenities take over for relaxing on the hook. With standard features, the 20 DLX makes an easy crossover from lounging to fishing. “Catching” will be a secondary concern. She’s even wheelchair accessible.
- AM/FM Bluetooth-capable stereo with 2 speakers
- Marine-grade, UV-resistant upholstery with 26-oz. base vinyl
- 24'' high-buoyancy, multichambered pontoon logs
- Bow and aft fishing positions with 3 fold-down fishing chairs
- Fore and aft vertical rod holders
- Molded fiberglass console with removable windscreen
- Aft molded compartment with livewell with shutoff valve, drink holder and rod holder
- Aft non-skid surface boarding platform and 3-step folding boarding ladder
- Color-keyed 7' Bimini top with LED courtesy light and changing curtain
- Optional fishing packag
|Length Overall||21' 11'' / 6.68 m|
Currently no test numbers
1 x 40-hp Mercury ELPT 4-stroke BigFoot
1 x 20-hp Mercury ELPT 4-stroke
1 x 60-hp Mercury ELPT 4-stroke
1 x 75-hp Mercury ELPT 4-stroke
1 x 90-hp Mercury ELPT 4-stroke
1 x 9.9-hp Mercury ELPT 4-stroke
|Deck Warranty Extended||Limited Lifetime|
By Capt. Steve--
With a standard 40-hp engine, the mission of the Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20 DLX is all about relaxing on the water. Think calm rides across Golden Pond, except without Jane Fonda. Since most of us find a day in the shade with a fishing pole to be as relaxing as lunch on the water, the fishing features are icing on the cake.
• 24" (60.96 cm) high-buoyancy, multi-chambered pontoon logs
• Bow and aft fishing positions with 3 fold-down fishing chairs
• Fore and aft rod holders
• Molded fiberglass console with removable windscreen
• AM/FM/CD with MP3 jack and 2 speakers (accepts optional Sirius Satellite Radio package)
• Aft molded compartment with livewell with shutoff valve, drink holder, rod holder, composite lid with ruler and battery storage
• Aft boarding platform with non-skid surface and oversized boarding ladder with large handrails
• Color-keyed 7' (2.13 m) polyester Bimini top with LED courtesy light and changing curtain
• Marine-grade carpet throughout and dual-latching gates that open inward
• Optional Fish Package: Lowrance fishfinder, MotorGuide trolling motor with remote and trolling motor harness
Time to Relax
The more sedate times on the Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20 DLX start with the standard 7' (2.13 m) Bimini top. This will surely make the difference between enjoying a day on the water and enduring one. Once on the hook, fire up the optional rail mounted gas grill and get ready for snack at the standard pedestal table. Play some “Moon River” on the standard stereo with MP3 connectivity.
Time to Fish
Two livewells, one under the starboard couch, and another at the aft deck, will keep bait fresh. There are 3 fishing chairs constructed from composite materials. They feature pinchless hinges and secure to the base with screw-in pedestals. Rail mounted rod, drink and tool holders are a convenient standard item and they’re additional vertical rod holders fore and aft. For those wanting to get a little more serious about fishing, an optional package includes a Lowrance X-4 fishfinder and a 55-lb. thrust trolling motor.
Time to get wet
Some may not be into relaxing as much, and in that case the Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20 DLX can turn up the heat on watersports. Go ahead and opt up to a 75-hp OptiMax outboard for more speed and then get ready to drop the boards or tubes into the water. An optional ski tower will raise the tow-point up. Maybe even swap out the 22-oz marine grade carpet with a vinyl floor and snap-in carpet for easier cleanups.
The 20 DLX is operated from a helm that has a padded storage shelf for smaller “stuff”. The standard sport wheel has burlwood accents that match the accents on the dash. The windscreen is removable, but we’d consider it more of being replaceable.
The following items are part of the Sun Tracker Warranty --
Ten-Year Bow-to-Stern Warranty
-- that means factory-installed workmanship and materials are covered for ten years from the time of purchase, including electrical components, livewells and plumbing, carpet and vinyl, furniture, Bimini top and much more. Your engine is covered by the Mercury manufacturer's warranty.
Lifetime Limited Structural and Deck Warranty
-- provides coverage for pontoon logs, motor pod, other structural elements including deck supports, perimeter fence rails and gates, and more, for the life of the boat.
Transferability to Second Owner
-- the resale value of your boat can be enhanced by provisions to transfer warranty elements to a second owner. Your Sun Tracker dealer can help you put applicable elements into effect when you are ready.
One-stop Warranty Resolution
-- 10+LIFE coverage offers a one-stop solution, eliminating the need to pursue separate warranties with component manufacturers.
Full Coverage During Warranty Period
-- means there is no pro-rating, or reduction of your coverage over time. So the peace of mind you enjoy at the outset carries throughout your coverage period.
In addition, Sun Tracker even backs its optional trailers by warranting the Galvashield steel tubing against structural failure due to corrosion for three years!
While the Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20 DLX can be put into action, we like to think of this boat catering to the opposite end of the spectrum. The quiet times spent at slower speeds and enjoying the time spent on the water. With a starting price of $18,395, it’s almost enjoyable to pay for too!