The TRACKER® Pro Guide™ V-165 WT is purpose-built for fishing and family fun. It is a multi-species boat that can be used for towing and general exploring. The key thing about the boat is its stability which is important when having children and guests aboard.
The unitized aluminum deep-V hull with reversed chines, pressed in strakes and 20-degree deadrise at the transom is ruggedly built to provide an aggressive, solid ride. The tall wrap-around windshield adds protection from the elements and spray.
The trend these days is away from boat-task specialization, and toward multi-use. This 16’ (4.87 m) TRACKER is a good example of that trend.
- • Moveable Seating. The three passenger seats are movable to 5 different standard pedestal mounts.
- • Fore and Aft Fishing Platforms. Raised and carpeted.
- • All Welded Deep-V Hull. 35-degree deadrise at the bow, 20-degree deadrise at the transom
- • Well Thought-out Storage.
- • VERSATRACK Accessory Mounting. Allows anglers to customize their accessories for the style of fishing they prefer.
- • Durable Paint Coating. Tracker Marine simply has the best painting process in the industry.
- • Competitive Pricing. Because Tracker Marine is the largest builder of aluminum boats in the world it has tremendous economies of scale that are passed along to the consumer in pricing.
- • Quality Construction and Materials. Because of its economies of scale, Tracker Marine does not have to cut corners or skimp on labor or materials to produce a quality boat at a competitive price. In fact, for the last few years its focus has been on quality, not price.
- • Warranty. Tracker claims to have the best aluminum boat warranty in the industry, and we have no reason to doubt them. See below for more details.
Click on the pdf link below to read the full warranty…
The TRACKER® Pro Guide™ V-165 WT has a length overall of 17'6" (5.33 m), and a beam of 8’1” (2.46 m). With an empty weight of 2,844 lbs. (1,290 kg), 60% fuel and two people on board, we had an estimated test weight of 3,356 lbs. (1,522 kg).
Top Speed. With a 115-hp Mercury 4-stroke turning a 13.25 x 17 pitch Black Max propeller the boat reached a top speed of 42.7 mph at 5800 rpm.
Best Cruise. The best cruise came in at 3000 rpm and 19.3 mph. At that speed, the 2.8 gph fuel burn translated into 7 miles per gallon and a range of 161 statute miles while still holding back a 10% reserve of the boat’s 25.5-gallon (96.53 L) total fuel capacity.
Acceleration Times and Test Conditions
As for handling, this boat has an aggressive and solid feel to it. We found her remarkably comfortable for her size. It’s a small boat with a big boat feel.
Upon hitting the throttle, the boat reached planing speed in 3.2 seconds, accelerated to 20 mph in 5.5 seconds and continued on to 30 mph in 9.2 seconds. This means it will be able to get beginning boarders up quickly.
We recommend that operators be aggressive with the trim. A pull from the engine torque will be felt as she accelerates, but when the trim comes in, that pull goes away.
She’s got a firm feel to the steering and that lends itself to a steady ride rather than allowing for a captain to get heavy handed. She rolls comfortably into turns and tracks well with no tendency to fall off the turn or spin out.
We experienced no ventilation in normal turns.
When crossing wakes she rides up and over rather than through and stays dry as she throws the spray low and wide.
All Boats Should Have Anchors. While the emphasis of this boat is on fishing, owners should not forget that all boats must have an anchor -- and should have an anchor rode cleat mounted on the bow of the boat on the centerline. The starboard side casting deck locker can be dedicated to a lightweight Danforth-style anchor, and we would have a proper cleat added in the aftermarket.
The Bow Casting Deck has marine grade carpet. Effective for non-skid.
Port Side Console
The helm is well organized, functional, and comes standard with a storage shelf in the center, dedicated cell phone storage, Bluetooth® connectable stereo, a fixed sport steering wheel and 12-volt outlet for accessories.
Our test captain felt that the helm seat could go to starboard about 3” (7.62 cm) which would also provide more cockpit space behind the walkthrough. We also felt the standard fire extinguisher could be moved to a less problematic position than its current location under the helm.
Aft casting deck is raised and measures 7’2” (2.18 m) from port to starboard and 2’8” (.81 m) fore to aft at the gunnels and 1’6” (.46 m) in front of the outboard engine well.
The Single-axle trailer comes standard with Chrome wheels and matching hub covers with 14" (35.6 cm) radial tires powder-coat finish and impact, corrosion and chip protection shielding. TRACKER® makes its own trailers matched specifically for each model.
The trailer also features heavy-duty upright load guides for easy, centered loading and carpeted bunks and fender boards to protect the hull.
Aluminum Hull. Tracker models are all welded -- and that includes hull seems, bulkheads, stringer system, transom and gunnels. They are all joined to form one unitized construction stronger than the individual parts. TRACKER® says that the aluminum is .100 mm thick and the aluminum alloy is 5052. Advances in robotic welding and welding techniques are evident in the TRACKER® builds. TRACKER® backs the hull with a limited lifetime warranty.
Decks. The decks are pressure treated and are made of marine-grade plywood which is commonly used in the boating industry for decking in aluminum fishing boats and in pontoon boats. It carries a limited lifetime warranty. The plywood is covered marine-grade carpet on the raised fore and aft casting decks and vinyl flooring covering in the cockpit.
Following is a boiled down version of the warranty description on the Tracker Marine website. We recommend that consumers read the fine print of all boat and engine warranties. Below is a link to a pdf of the Tracker warranty in its entirety.
- • 5-year bow-to-stern warranty. Covers parts and labor for defects in materials and workmanship on virtually everything on the boat except electronics, trolling motor, and outboard engine. .
- • 3-year warranty on powder coat finish adhesion, trolling motor and fishfinder. Fishfinder and trolling motor must be factory installed.
- • Limited lifetime structural and deck warranty. For original owners. Includes interior ribs, transom, exterior welds and decking.
- • Provision for transfer to a second owner. May be transfered for up to 5 years from the date of purchase.
- • All warranty issues are handled by a Tracker dealer.
- • Full warranty coverage – no pro-rating.
Click on the pdf link below to read the full warranty…
Options to Consider
The well-featured Tracker Pro Guide V-165 WT has very few options.
- • Mercury 115 XL FourStroke outboard
- • VERSATRACK® cutting board
- • VERSATRACK® tackle tray
- • VERSATRACK® tool holder
- • VERSATRACK® drink holder
- • VERSATRACK® downrigger bracket
- • Ski tow pylon
- • Trailer brake upgrade
- • Boat cover
Price: $21,995 with 90 XL 4-stoke engine and trailer.
The TRACKER® Pro Guide™V-165 WT is a fully-featured freshwater fishing boat that is sporty to drive. It has a six-person capacity. However, for fishing it would be best if the number of anglers were limited to three or less.
The aluminum construction, and warranty is impressive.
The boat handled like a much larger boat and provides confidence on a quick ride to the fishing grounds or other destinations.
With its power and responsiveness it would make a more than adequate tow-sports boat with the optional tow pylon.
Test Result Highlights
- Top speed for the Tracker Pro Guide V-165 WT (2018-) is 42.7 mph (68.7 kph), burning 10.4 gallons per hour (gph) or 39.36 liters per hour (lph).
- Best cruise for the Tracker Pro Guide V-165 WT (2018-) is 19.3 mph (31.1 kph), and the boat gets 7.0 miles per gallon (mpg) or 2.98 kilometers per liter (kpl), giving the boat a cruising range of 161 miles (259.1 kilometers).
- Tested power is Mercury 115 hp 4-stroke.
Standard and Optional Features
|Outlet: 12-Volt Acc||Standard|
Full Warranty Information on this brand coming soon!
(It's quick and FREE!)