New for 2020, MAKO is building a 23’4” (7.10 m) center console on a deep-V hull suited to offshore play and fitted out for fishing with amenities suited to a family day boat. MAKO sells the boat with a Mercury 300-hp outboard package.
- Deep-V hull
- 11 person capacity
- Port-a-Pottie enclosed head w/electric toilet option
- Mercury 300-hp outboard
- T-Top with hardtop option
2 x 150-hp Mercury FourStroke XL
2 x 250-hp Mercury Verado XXL
2 x 250-hp Mercury Verado XXL Warm Fusion engines
2 x 300-hp Mercury Verado XXL
2 x 300-hp Mercury Verado XXL Warm Fusion engines
2 x 350-hp Mercury Verado XXL
2 x 350-hp Mercury Verado XXL Warm Fusion engines
by Capt. Peter d’Anjou
White River Marine Group produces the MAKO brand. MAKOs are distributed through Bass Pro Shops and a large dealer network.
The all-new MAKO 236 CC is intended as a powerful and versatile mid-sized offshore boat with a fine balance of creature comforts and hardcore fishability. Cushioned forward seating plus a center transom jump seat keeps the family comfortable—and dual aft livewells plus two 135-quart fishboxes in the roomy aft deck make fishing smooth and effective. With the legendary MAKO deep-V hull, it’s ready for any offshore adventure.
- Twin transom baitwells
- Dual insulated fishboxes aft
- Fish/dive door
MAKO manufactures 11 offshore center console models between 18’4” (5.58 m) and 41' (12.49 m). All of the offshore boats use a variation of MAKO’s ‘dry-riding’ deep-V hull with lifting strakes. In the case of the 236 CC, the hull has a 21-degree deadrise at the transom with aggressive reverse chines and recesses for the boat’s electric trim tabs.
MAKO uses CAD and 3D printers to create scale models that allow designers to confirm that everything fits together before moving forward to the tooling stage.
The composite hulls are made in female (open) molds sprayed with gelcoat followed by a chop-gun fiberglass layer. Additional layers are hand-laid and resin-infused.
A one-piece molded fiberglass stringer grid with integrated transom knee supports is inserted into the hull followed by the ring deck. The deck is chemically and mechanically bonded to the hull with screws every 6" (15.24 cm).
Hatch covers and small components are made in a closed-cavity molding process that leaves the exposed surface with diamond-pattern non-skid gelcoat and the undersides with a smooth-finished surface. Stainless steel hardware is installed with aluminum backing plates for cleats and chocks. The hull, plumbing, and fittings are factory leak-tested.
Every MAKO boat is backed by a Limited Lifetime Structural Hull Warranty, a 5-Year Stem-to-Stern Warranty, a 3-Year Gelcoat Warranty, and Provisions for Transfer to Second Owner.
A padded bolster runs all the way around the boat’s gunwale. Two-tone high-density marine-grade vinyl upholstery with stain-resistant coating caps seating over molded bases with storage below. The forward seat’s 247-quart (234 L) insulated storage has gravity-fed overboard drainage. The center seat directly behind the anchor locker has a 278-quart (263 L) in-deck storage compartment.
The center console has a wheel offset to the left with the binnacle in the center. A Fusion stereo with four lighted speakers are standard.
The console has drink holders to starboard with charging ports just ahead. There’s an integrated full-width ﬁberglass footrest with non-skid surface and a tempered-safety glass windshield with an aluminum frame.
The boat comes standard with a Porta-Pottie inside the console. The inside of the console has a gelcoat finish thanks to a resin-transfer molding technique MAKO uses to build the console. An electric toilet option with or without overboard discharge is available.
The MAKO 236 CC's cockpit is self-draining and has a depth of 32” (81.28 cm). There’s a dive door in the port quarter and rod storage along the bulwarks to both sides of the boat. In-floor storage includes insulated 135-quart (128 L) fishboxes in each quarter.
The cockpit includes a freshwater washdown bib fed from a pressurized 6-gallon (23 L) freshwater tank and freshwater pump that also services a pull-out shower head.
The MAKO 236 CC has an overall length of 23’4” (7.10 m), a beam of 8’6” (2.59 m), and a draft of 1’6” (.45 m). The 236 CC comes standard with a single Mercury 300 XXL Verado outboard. Fuel capacity is 136 gallons (515 L) and dry weight is 5,010 lbs. (2,272 kg). Overhead clearance height with hardtop is 12’ (3.65 m) and storage length on the trailer is 32’10” (10.00 m).
$112,000 with Mercury 300 XXL Verado outboard and bone-white gelcoat hull standard (excludes trailer).
Engine options are packaged with the boat – the freight and prep are additional. Maximum horsepower for the 236 CC is 350-hp and a stainless steel prop is included.
- Mercury XXl 250 Verado ($109,995)
- Mercury XXL 250 Verado warm fusion white ($111,355)
- Mercury XXL 300 Verado warm fusion white ($113,350)
- Mercury XXL 350 Verado ($114,350)
- Mercury XXL 350 Verado warm fusion white ($115,795)
- Twin Mercury 150 XL Fourstroke ($115,995)
Optional Equipment to Consider
Color options for the MAKO 236 CC are two-tone hulls in Gulfstream Blue, Onyx Black, Pompano Silver, Seafoam Green, Trigger Gray or Wahoo Blue ($675).
- Bow canopy ($1,925)
- Cockpit canopy ($850)
- Bow and cockpit canopy ($2,775)
- Remove standard canvas T-top (credit given) (-$4,000)
- Deluxe hardtop ($6,750)
- Deluxe hardtop w/Kingﬁsh rod holders ($7,000)
- Deluxe hardtop, matched to custom hull color option ($7,050)
- Deluxe hardtop with Kingﬁsh rod holders, matched to custom hull color option ($7,300)
- Aluminum dual-axle EZ-Loader trailer with brakes ($6,395)
- SharkTooth remote monitoring app for iOS and Android ($1,095)
- 12-amp output onboard battery charger ($225)
- Electric head with out overboard discharge ($1,100)
- Electric head with overboard discharge ($1,375)
- Fiberglass leaning post with baitwell ($2,900)
- Active trim w/single motor ($650)
- Active trim w/twin motors ($750)
- Electric windlass w/breastplate ($2,345)
- Electric windlass w/breastplate, anchor roller and rode ($2,900)
- Anti-fatigue deck mat w/MAKO® logo ($150)
- Trim tabs ($1,095)
- CE certiﬁcation ($275)
- LED spreader lights ($595)
- 3 Shadow-Caster® SCM-10 Bimini Blue underwater transom lights ($1,950)
- Removable cushioned bow ﬁller that doubles as a raised table ($375)
- Bench backrest for ﬂush-folding, cushioned center transom jump seat ($800)
- Outriggers ($1,950)
- 4 dual-purpose rod/drink holders for port & starboard forward seats ($550)
It makes sense that MAKO would revive this mid-sized center console with outboard(s) rather than the old inboard since it makes the usable interior space a little larger.
The MAKO 236 CC is built with trusted and reliable construction techniques and a proven hull design. Outfitted with basic fishing accessories and options to add more and with seating for friends and family, the boat fulfills its versatile mission. We are curious to test the boat, check its range, and see if single or dual outboards would be the way to go on the new MAKO 236 CC.